About Music Together® at PPAS
Our mission is to make the world a better place by making it more musical. We do this by providing the highest-quality music and movement classes to families in Lancaster—and by involving parents and caregivers to create magical musical experiences for the whole family.
We Teach the Way Children Learn
At Music Together, we know that children learn differently than adults. They learn instinctively and constantly, and teach themselves through imitation and play, through being immersed in their environment, and through interaction with adults and older children. The family-like setting of Music Together classes creates an ideal learning environment. And it’s all based in research in early childhood and music development.
Learn about the research behind Music Together at the Music Together Worldwide website.
Your Role Is Essential
Music Learning Supports All Learning®
WHAT TO EXPECT IN A MIXED AGE MUSIC TOGETHER CLASS
- Fully trained, registered Music Together teachers lead groups of six to twelve children and their parents or caregivers (nannies, babysitters, grandparents, and beyond) in forty-five minutes of music and movement experiences.
- Each weekly class offers a dozen songs and rhythmic rhymes, including fingerplay, small- and large-movement activities, and instrument play.
- Children and their adults have opportunities to create and improvise—making up new words to songs, offering movement ideas, making silly sounds, and sharing musical ideas from the family’s play at home.
- The relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented classroom setting respects and supports the unique learning styles, developmental levels, and temperaments of all participants, creating a strong sense of community.
- Families receive a professionally recorded CD, online download, and access to your songs via the Music Together Hello, Everybody app—along with an illustrated songbook that’s filled with music-making ideas for spontaneous music play beyond the weekly classes.