Popovsky Performing Arts | Studio Policies
Private lessons range in cost from $35 to $100 depending upon the length of each lesson and the number of students being taught. Lessons may be paid for by cash, check or credit card. Payment for all lessons planned for each month is due on the 10th of that month. There is a one-time $30 Registration and Materials fee for all private lesson students that will be included in your first invoice.
Credit Card Payments: Credit Card information will be securely held on file by Popovsky Performing Arts. Payment for any scheduled lessons will be automatically processed on the 10th of each month. Any scheduling adjustments must be communicated to your private teacher or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 7th of each month. If the first attempt at processing is not successful, subsequent attempts will be made every 5 days. 30 day notice must be given when ending lessons. PPAS reserves the right to charge for any regularly scheduled lessons for 30 days from the time notice to cancel is given to your teacher. All students paying by auto pay with credit card will receive a 5% discount off of all private lessons.
Check/Cash Payments: Checks (made payable to ‘PPAS’) should be deposited in the payment box between Studio 1 and the Directors’ Office. Cash payments must be handed directly to your private teacher or our Office Administrator. Please do NOT put cash in the payment box. Payments should be made at the FIRST lesson of every month and payment for the month should be made IN FULL. A late fee will be assessed on the 15th of any month that payment has not been made, and an additional $5 fee will accrue for every additional 15 days. Students may choose to pay several months in advance or one month at a time.
Should a student need to request an exception to the studio payment policy arrangements must be made with the studio prior to either the class start or before the next month of voice lessons.
- If you are unable to make your lesson appointment you must give at least 24-hours notice. If proper notice is not given you will be billed the amount of the services scheduled. Please give notice in writing via email directly to your instructor, or to email@example.com. You may also call us at 717-517-8543 and if no one answers leave a voicemail with your name, teacher, and appointment time. Please note that we will reference the time stamp on the voicemail when noting your cancellation.
- If you are running a fever of over 100.4 degrees, have come into contact with someone who has Covid-19, or you are awaiting test results for Covid-19, you will not be penalized for canceling with short notice. We do appreciate prompt notification if you’ll be unable to attend a lesson so that we may release the time to someone else.
- If you are struggling with allergies or a cold it does NOT mean you should not come to your lesson! As long as you are not running a fever above 100.4 degrees or struggling with an illness you know is contagious, there is still a lot to study when you are not 100% vocally. You will learn how to safely sing through sickness as well as translation, memorization techniques etc.
- If the studio must cancel a lesson you will be notified, when possible, 24 hours prior to the start of the lesson, and you will receive a full refund or credit – your choice. You will be notified by email as well as direct contact by either the studio or the individual instructor.
• The cost of classes varies depending upon the capacity of the class and its duration. Payments for specific classes or camps are due no later than the first class of the session. Payment must be made in full to participate in any studio class.
• A space in a group class is not guaranteed until payment has been made. If payment has been made and a class is canceled due to low registrations, all money paid will be refunded. If a class has low registration but can still be run, the duration of the class may be shortened and it’s status reassigned as a semi-private lesson. Payment plans are available and must be set up in advance.
• Classes begin promptly at the time stated in the class schedule. No money will be refunded for late arrivals or missed classes.
- If the studio does not register enough students to conduct a group class, notification of the class being withdrawn from the schedule will be given to registered students 3 business days prior to the first scheduled class date. Any deposit or class payment will be fully refunded to the student.
- If the studio must cancel a class session you will be notified, when possible, 24 hours prior to the start of class. Whenever possible, the studio will hold a make-up class for cancelled sessions. If the studio cannot schedule a make-up class you will receive a credit on your account. You will be notified by email as well as via text message.
- No reimbursement will be offered for classes missed or class withdrawal after the class begins.
- Scheduling is, unfortunately, the most time consuming part of this business, and in fairness to everyone’s time and schedule, we must strictly enforce these policies. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
- Refund eligibility, for a class that a student has enrolled, is based solely upon the timing of the request, regardless of the reason for withdrawing from the class.
- If we receive your request at least one week prior to the first day of class, you receive a full refund, less a $25 service fee.
- If we receive your request less than one week (5 business days) prior to the first day of class, you are not eligible for a refund.
- Credits are not given in lieu of refunds (that is, you cannot apply this payment to another class, whether taught by the same instructor or another instructor) unless your class is canceled by us, in which case you have a choice between a refund and a credit.
- Refund requests must be made in writing and sent via email or postal mail. We do not accept refund requests over the phone.
- Send email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send postal mail requests to: 245 Butler Avenue Suite 302; Lancaster, PA 17601. We must receive requests AT LEAST five (5) business days prior to the start of class. Include your copy of the purchase confirmation and/or receipt that was emailed to you upon registration. If you have not retained this information, then include your full name, phone number, email address, name of the student, name of your class and teacher, and the exact amount of payment.
- If a class is canceled or moves to an online format due to weather or teacher illness we will notify you via email as soon as possible. Whenever possible, the studio will hold a make-up class for canceled sessions. The studio is not responsible for sessions canceled due to events beyond our control, such as weather emergencies, sicknesses, or shut-downs related to Covid-19 or similar. If a last-minute cancelation is necessary we will reach out via phone or text message in addition to email.
Cash/Check Refunds – Cash refunds are not given. Refunds are provided in the form of a mailed check from our office. All purchases made by check will be processed within 14 days after the original check has cleared.
Returned Checks – If we receive a returned check from our bank for a payment you made, you will be invoiced for the original amount of the check plus bank fees. The payment of the invoiced amount is due within 30 days of invoice date. We will not re-submit the original check, nor will we accept another check for the re-payment. You must bring to the office cash or a money order or mail a money order for the amount invoiced to: 245 Butler Avenue Suite 302; Lancaster, PA 17601.
I grant permission to PPAS, Lancaster, PA, its employees and agents, to take and use visual/audio images of me. Visual/audio images include but are not limited to any type of recording, including but not limited to photographs, digital images, drawings, renderings, voices, sounds, video recordings, audio clips or accompanying written descriptions. I agree that PPAS owns the images and all rights related to them. The images may be used in any manner or media without notifying me, such as websites, publications, promotions, broadcasts, advertisements, posters and theater slides. I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished images or any printed or electronic matter that may be used with them, or be compensated for them.
I release PPAS and its employees and agents, including any firm authorized to publish and/or distribute a finished product containing the images, from any claims, damages or liability, which I may ever have in connection with the taking or use of the images or printed material used with the images. I have read this release, I understand its contents, meaning and impact and I freely accept the terms.
Popovsky Performing Arts Studio is dedicated to protecting your privacy and personal information. We value your trust very highly and work to ensure that the personal information you provide is fully secured and protected.
We do not sell or give your personal information to 3rd parties. Unfortunately, despite our efforts, there is always a risk that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions. This reality is true of all internet use. As a result, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit, and you transmit all information at your own risk.