Popovsky Performing Arts | Studio Policies
PPAS PAYMENT AND CANCELATION POLICIES
Enrolled Monthly Students –
Pricing – 30 minutes- $35 | 45 minutes – $50 | 60 minutes – $65
Payment for the month is due in advance on the 1st of each month and may be paid via cash, check, or credit card. Any adjustments must be made to your lesson schedule BEFORE the 1st of the month or only make-up credit can be offered (enrolled students may request to have the make-up credit transferred to a monetary credit). Credits expire 60 days from the date of the cancelled lesson.
Account Holds: Requests for holds on your account must be received in writing by the 25th of the upcoming month. Lessons already paid are only eligible for monetary credit. You will receive notice of account re-activation 7 days prior to the end of your scheduled hold- should you need to extend your hold, please send an email to email@example.com no later than 3 days before the scheduled end of your current hold. If a hold ends in the middle of a given month, you will be automatically charged on the first of the given month for any lessons scheduled to take place after the end of the hold.
Account Termination: You must provide 30 days written notice via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to terminate your enrollment. Any lessons that have been paid for that are canceled by the student will be issued a standard make-up credit valid for 60 days from the date of the canceled lesson. NO refunds are available for private lessons. Credits from lessons cancelled after termination are not transferrable to other programs.
Credit Card Payments: Credit Card information will be securely held on file by our payment processor. Payment for any scheduled lessons is due in advance on the 1st of each month. For auto payment, if the first attempt at processing is not successful subsequent attempts will be made every 5 days. A late fee will be assessed on the 15th of any month that payment has not been made and an additional $5 fee will accrue every 15 days.
Check/Cash Payments: Checks (made payable to ‘PPAS’) should be deposited in the payment box between Studio 1 and the Directors’ Office. Cash payments must be handed directly to your private teacher or our Office Manager. Please do NOT put cash in the payment box. Payments should be made at the FIRST lesson of every month and payment for the month should be made IN FULL. A late fee of $25 will be assessed on the 15th of any month that full payment has not been made.
5 Class Lesson Packs
Price per lesson: 30 minutes- $35 | 45 minutes – $50 | 60 minutes – $65
Lesson packs can be purchased in groups of 5 lessons and must be paid in full before lessons can be scheduled. Lessons must be used within 6 months from the date of purchase.
A la carte lessons:
Price per lesson: 30 minutes- $40 | 45 minutes – $55 | 60 minutes – $70
A la carte lessons must be paid for in advance of the lesson.
If you are unable to make a scheduled appointment you must give at least 24 hours notice. If proper notice is not given you will not receive credit for the lesson. Please give notice by canceling your lesson through the opus1 portal, or by leaving a voicemail at 717-517-8543. Please note that we will reference the time stamp on the voicemail when noting your cancellation.
Lessons canceled prior to 24 hours before the lesson will be given a make-up credit. This make-up credit can be used for up to 60 days from the original lesson date. Lessons canceled by the student within 24 hours of the lesson are not eligible for credits unless in the case of an emergency.
If the studio must cancel a lesson you will be notified, when possible, 24 hours prior to the start of the lesson, and you will receive full credit on your account for the lesson. You will be notified by email as well as direct contact by either the studio or the individual instructor. There are no cash refunds for private lessons.
• The cost of classes varies depending upon the capacity of the class and its duration. Payments for specific classes or camps are due no later than the first class of the session. Payment must be made in full to participate in any studio class.
• A space in a group class is not guaranteed until payment has been made. If payment has been made and a class is canceled due to low registrations, all money paid will be refunded. If a class has low registration but can still be run, the duration of the class may be shortened and it’s status reassigned as a semi-private lesson. Payment plans are available and must be set up in advance.
• Classes begin promptly at the time stated in the class schedule. No money will be refunded for late arrivals or missed classes.
- If the studio does not register enough students to conduct a group class, notification of the class being withdrawn from the schedule will be given to registered students 3 business days prior to the first scheduled class date. Any deposit or class payment will be fully refunded to the student.
- If the studio must cancel a class session you will be notified, when possible, 24 hours prior to the start of class. Whenever possible, the studio will hold a make-up class for cancelled sessions. If the studio cannot schedule a make-up class you will receive a credit on your account. You will be notified by email as well as via text message.
- No reimbursement will be offered for classes missed or class withdrawal after the class begins.
- Scheduling is, unfortunately, the most time consuming part of this business, and in fairness to everyone’s time and schedule, we must strictly enforce these policies. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
- Refund eligibility, for a class that a student has enrolled, is based solely upon the timing of the request, regardless of the reason for withdrawing from the class.
- If we receive your request at least one week prior to the first day of class, you receive a full refund, less a $25 service fee.
- If we receive your request less than one week (5 business days) prior to the first day of class, you are not eligible for a refund.
- Credits are not given in lieu of refunds (that is, you cannot apply this payment to another class, whether taught by the same instructor or another instructor) unless your class is canceled by us, in which case you have a choice between a refund and a credit.
- Refund requests must be made in writing and sent via email or postal mail. We do not accept refund requests over the phone.
- Send email requests to email@example.com.
- Send postal mail requests to: 245 Butler Avenue Suite 302; Lancaster, PA 17601. We must receive requests AT LEAST five (5) business days prior to the start of class. Include your copy of the purchase confirmation and/or receipt that was emailed to you upon registration. If you have not retained this information, then include your full name, phone number, email address, name of the student, name of your class and teacher, and the exact amount of payment.
- If a class is canceled or moves to an online format due to weather or teacher illness we will notify you via email as soon as possible. Whenever possible, the studio will hold a make-up class for canceled sessions. The studio is not responsible for sessions canceled due to events beyond our control, such as weather emergencies, sicknesses, or shut-downs related to Covid-19 or similar. If a last-minute cancelation is necessary we will reach out via phone or text message in addition to email.
Cash/Check Refunds – Cash refunds are not given. Refunds are provided in the form of a mailed check from our office. All purchases made by check will be processed within 14 days after the original check has cleared.
Returned Checks – If we receive a returned check from our bank for a payment you made, you will be invoiced for the original amount of the check plus bank fees. The payment of the invoiced amount is due within 30 days of invoice date. We will not re-submit the original check, nor will we accept another check for the re-payment. You must bring to the office cash or a money order or mail a money order for the amount invoiced to: 245 Butler Avenue Suite 302; Lancaster, PA 17601.
I grant permission to PPAS, Lancaster, PA, its employees and agents, to take and use visual/audio images of me. Visual/audio images include but are not limited to any type of recording, including but not limited to photographs, digital images, drawings, renderings, voices, sounds, video recordings, audio clips or accompanying written descriptions. I agree that PPAS owns the images and all rights related to them. The images may be used in any manner or media without notifying me, such as websites, publications, promotions, broadcasts, advertisements, posters and theater slides. I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished images or any printed or electronic matter that may be used with them, or be compensated for them.
I release PPAS and its employees and agents, including any firm authorized to publish and/or distribute a finished product containing the images, from any claims, damages or liability, which I may ever have in connection with the taking or use of the images or printed material used with the images. I have read this release, I understand its contents, meaning and impact and I freely accept the terms.
Popovsky Performing Arts Studio is dedicated to protecting your privacy and personal information. We value your trust very highly and work to ensure that the personal information you provide is fully secured and protected.
We do not sell or give your personal information to 3rd parties. Unfortunately, despite our efforts, there is always a risk that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions. This reality is true of all internet use. As a result, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit, and you transmit all information at your own risk.
**Pricing is subject to change.**
10 Week Class Session (Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance) – $210
10 Week Class Session (Music Together) – $225
6 Week Class Session (Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance) – $125
6 Week Class Session (Music Together) – $135
**Pricing is subject to change**
30 minutes – $35
45 minutes – $50
60 minutes – $65
Semi-Private Lessons (two students)
30 minutes – $60
45 minutes – $75
60 minutes – $90
If a teacher needs to cancel due to weather they will contact you directly.
If you would like to cancel your lesson due to weather, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy your teacher, and you will receive a monetary credit on your account. Cancelation requests must be received before the time of the scheduled lesson.
If road conditions are going to be unsafe at the time of your class, we will not ask you to drive in.
Generally, we define “unsafe” as meaning
a) at or below 32 °F with precipitation of any kind
b) unsafe levels of precipitation leading to limited visibility
c) any official Warnings issued by the Weather Service
For weekday morning classes, we follow the Manheim Township School District.
For evening and weekend classes and lessons, we make the best decisions we can based on current weather conditions, warnings, and teachers’ ability to travel to the studio.
If we DO decide to cancel lessons or classes, you will be notified promptly via email. We will also post on our social media pages.
One final note: Like you, we will be monitoring weather reports on any given day. If it is obvious that weather conditions will remain unsafe from morning to night, then we will probably contact you in the morning to cancel. However, if it appears that the conditions might clear up by the time of your afternoon lesson, we will not cancel preemptively. Instead, we will wait & see and assess, and then inform you as soon as a decision is made. And of course, you can always feel free to check in with us in real time if you have any concerns or questions!
If a lesson is canceled due to weather, your teacher will communicate with you about make-up options. If no make-up time is available, you’ll receive a credit on your account for the cost of the lesson.
If a class is canceled due to weather and there are dates available in the studio calendar, a class will be added to the end of the session. If there are NOT dates availble in the calendar, class will be offered ONLINE at the originally scheduled time. Many of our classes were held exclusively via Zoom during the Covid-19 closures, and our teachers have extensive experience with facilitating online classes.